MindlessBlather.net

6.05.2005

Chapter 2

Well, I awoke at noon today, played some WarCraft 3, then set out to sign in for the conference. That took about five seconds, after which I got some food at a Thai restaurant across the street (it was gross). Then I headed down the street towards the Apple Store (no, I didn't go in, how stupid do you think I am...Later this week I'm going to have a 20% discount!). I proceeded to get a number of items at my favorite store, The Virgin Megastore (incidentally, it is the favorite store of many computer geeks...bu-dump-ching!). I then browsed the T-Mobile store since my current cell phone is getting on in years... The outing concluded with my oiling the capitalist machine by ordering a vanilla latte from Starbucks. Forrest will not be happy by me saying so, but this area would be a delightful place to go to college, the weather is certainly to my liking.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, June 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am from SouCal...

    Course, i can kinda be oblivious to my surroundings, but you can't say that everything in SouCal is bad.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, June 06, 2005, Blogger hugo said…

    Hey, Andy:

    Since you are there, you got to visit Berkeley and its Telegraph Avenue.

    The homeless are local celebrities; you can even get postcards with the most famous of them.

    If you are lucky, you will see them at Sproul Plaza. You may meet Rick Star, our campus lounge singer who uses a metal can as a speaker. You may meet pastor Eddie, the Caribbean Christian pastor whose most famous quote is: "Jesus didn't eat french fries." You may even meet the Hate-man, who looks like the its man from Monty Python as drags a box with a string. We greats people by waving his middle finger.

    Besides, the Berkeley campus is a holly site for Apple fans. It was at the dorms of this school that the Woz built blue boxes, which Jobs sold to poor students in order to make free long distance calls. The tech-business partnership between the Woz and Jobs got started there.

    Also, the Woz re-enrolled at Berkeley later in life under a false name so that we could finish his B.S. He never managed to graduate, but he got an honors degree from the school anyway.

    Berkeley was also the birth of BMUG, the Berkeley Mac Users Group. I managed to join just as the ground declared bankruptcy and disappeared. It used to be half a block away from the Public Library.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, June 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    berkeley=William Hung

     

Post a Comment

<< Home